Energy Efficiency Technician
Now accepting applications for an Energy Efficiency Technician to perform visual energy assessments of residential properties through the Quick Home Energy Check-up (QHEC) program. Your role will be to educate customers about measures they can take to reduce their energy consumption and perform a visual health and safety check on the home. You’ll install energy-saving and water-saving products, including smart thermostats during the QHEC. This position offers the opportunity to engage directly with homeowners and to communicate best practices in residential energy efficiency.
The Energy Efficiency Technician reports to the Audit Program Manager and will work closely with the QHEC Team. This position is based out of our Laurel office, with service areas in Baltimore City; Montgomery, Prince George’s, Howard, Anne Arundel, and Baltimore Counties, and occasional work in Washington, DC.
- Perform energy audits and check ups according to specific program parameters and Elysian Energy standards of practice
- Detect energy efficiency issues and health and safety concerns
- Communicate findings to homeowners in a clear accessible manner
- Successfully move customers from start to finish in the home performance sales cycle
- Install and explain various energy saving products such as LEDs, aerators, showerheads, pipe insulation, etc.
- Install and explain smart thermostats
- Use utility data entry software to report on appointments
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable access to an insured vehicle
- Ability to pass background and reference checks
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds
We will train all motivated candidates with preference given to those with the following:
- Building Performance Institute Building Analyst Certification (BPI BA) Certification (required to
- achieve after hiring)
- Energy auditing or construction experience
- Bachelor’s or technical degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer/tablet experience
- Ability to absorb, process, utilize and communicate technical concepts
A Place to Grow/Benefits
- Field shadowing
- Additional leadership training
- Mentors with a breadth of experience
- Passionate staff
- Travel expenses stipend
- Health insurance (dental and vision)
- Retirement package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid fun day
- Paid volunteer days
The ideal candidate is energetic, personable and self-motivated with a demonstrated passion for buildings and the sustainability movement. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits included after a 90-day probationary period.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer. To apply to Elysian Energy please send resume and cover letter to our Audit Program Manager, Megan Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.