The Department of Environmental Protection in Montgomery County, Md., has selected Elysian Energy as its contractor for a residential electrification pilot beginning June 1, 2023. The pilot project is intended to supplement the Home Performance with Energy Star program that’s part of the statewide EmPOWER Maryland energy efficiency program. The electrification pilot consists of a help desk for resident questions about electrification and instant rebates for qualifying electrification projects.
More information about the County’s Residential Electrification efforts is here.
Bottom line: Montgomery County wants to lower the barriers to decarbonizing your home through electrification!
We’re Here to Help
Call, e-mail or text us with your electrification questions. We’re here to help, and the County has contracted with us to be your resource at no charge to you.
How Does It Work?
Read more about our approach here. The typical path involves:
- Contact the Electrification Help Desk
- Schedule an energy audit
- Audit and electrification assessment are completed
- Choose among options to improve the performance of your home, including insulation and air sealing, and electrification of HVAC, water heater, stove and dryer
- Have work completed through Elysian Energy
- Receive applicable electrification rebates from the County at the point of sale, and utility rebates for insulation work in 6-8 weeks
We can work with a range of other scenarios, including where an energy audit and weatherization work have already been performed.
- Located in Montgomery County, Maryland
- Individually-metered utilities
Electric Utility Home Performance Programs
- Potomac Edison (coming soon)
- Must replace an fossil-fueled equivalent
- Energy Star listed
|Ducted Heat Pump||$1000|
|Mini-Split Heat Pump||$2000|
|Cold-Climate Heat Pump||$2500|
|Heat Pump Water Heater||$500|
|Electric Clothes Dryer||$150|
Note: Furnaces may not be retained in a dual-fuel configuration with a heat pump.