Now accepting applications for energy auditors to staff BGE’s and Pepco Quick Home Energy Check Up program and to perform energy audits with the end goal of moving customers through the client cycle to job completion. Your role will be to educate people about measures they can take to reduce their energy consumption, and you’ll be able to make improvements right away! This ‘boots on the ground’ position offers the opportunity to engage directly with homeowners and to communicate best practices in residential energy efficiency. The Energy Auditor reports to the Audit Program Manager and is based out of our Laurel office.
- Perform home visits to visually inspect and assess energy saving opportunities.
- Interpret and communicate findings to homeowners in a clear accessible manner.
- Install and explain various energy saving products such as CFLs, aerators, shower heads, pipe wrap, etc.
- Perform related administrative tasks, some involving use of computers and mobile technology.
- Perform energy audits according to program parameters and Elysian Energy standards of practice.
- Compose work scopes and clearly communicate them to customers.
- Meet with Program Specialists and Audit Programs Managers to develop skills and address needs with regards to different programs.
- BPI Certification
- Bachelor’s or technical degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with residential construction and/or building science
- Ability to absorb, process, utilize and communicate technical concepts
- Must be able to pass background and reference checks, as well as random drug testing
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable access to an insured vehicle
A Place to Grow/Benefits
- Field shadowing
- Additional leadership training
- Mentors with a breadth of experience
- Passionate staff
- Travel expenses stipend
- Health insurance (dental and vision)
- Retirement package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid fun day
- Paid volunteer days
- Mascot dog!
The ideal candidate is energetic, personable and self-motivated with a demonstrated passion for contributing to the sustainability movement. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, disability, age (40 or older) or genetic information (including family medical history). To apply to Elysian Energy please send resume and letter of intent to our Audit Program Manager, Megan Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.