- A regional leader in energy efficiency
- A committed group of passionate and professional energy auditors, contractors and operations staff whose vision is to enhance the built environment for a more sustainable future
- Offering an excellent compensation package for full time as well as contract employees
- Looking for a master electrician to perform commercial lighting as well as various residential electrical contracting services
- Bright. You think before you act. You recognize what it takes to do a job professionally and then execute.
- Passionate. You like what you do, and you take pride in being good at it. You understand the importance of doing your job at a high level for your safety and the safety of your customers. You like working with your hands as well as your head, and you get satisfaction from knocking out projects.
- Nice. You work well with others. Whether being a good team member on large electrical projects or individually taking care of the electrical work on a multi-trade scope of work, you recognize the connections and support system you’re a part of. You get information you need to do your job, and share information that is helpful to clients, coworkers and management.
- Professional. You ensure you have clarity about what needs to be done, and perform those duties in full compliance with NEC and appropriate codes. You’re respectful to clients, coworkers, colleagues and management, and you expect the same in return. You treat people how you want to be treated.
- Flexible. You do what it takes to get the job done. You understand that things come up, and when they do, you confirm what needs to be done to do the job on time and on budget.
- Fun. You understand life is short, so we better enjoy what we’re doing and who we’re doing it with.
- Wire new switches, fixtures and appliances
- Re-wire homes (partial and full-rewire jobs) electrical service equipment, wiring, and devices required for the installation of residential and light commercial solar PV systems.
- Ensure electrical work performed by electricians is compliant with the current National Electrical Code as well as local codes.
- Act as on-site supervisor for electrical teams and provide regular reports of team activities to Contracting Crew Team Leaders, Operations Team members and/or the Contracting Department Manager
- Perform the electrical portions of water heater and HVAC appliance installation, as required by law
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolving electrical issues.
- Communicate with clients and Inspectors to satisfy requirements and to meet expectations.
- Train, mentor and develop apprentices.
- Install commercial lighting for parking and area lighting, including the use of lifts and safety equipment
- Pull permits as necessary
- Work equally well independently and on a team
- Manage projects and other electricians as needed for larger commercial and/or multifamily retrofit projects
- A Master Electrician license
- 5+ years of experience as an Electrician including documented commercial lighting project experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead or support teams as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body
- Capability to work in various positions required by electrical contracting work such as stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, leaning, balancing on ladders, etc.…
- Ability to work in unconditioned environments (e.g. hot, cold, rain, wind, humid, etc.…
- Comfort on ladders, uneven surfaces, and especially work at heights using scaffolding, lifts and/or ladders
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to perform work
- Capability of lifting 50 pounds of electrical materials or a ladder
- Reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- The ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, disability, age (40 or older) or genetic information (including family medical history). To apply to Elysian Energy please send resume and letter of intent to our Contracting Manager, John Wilkerson at email@example.com.
We are always on the lookout for strong candidates with a passion for energy efficiency. If you’d like to join our team, send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.