Energy Efficiency Journeyman Electrician
- Wire new switches, fixtures and appliances
- Re-wire homes (partial and full-rewire jobs), electrical service equipment, and devices required for the installation of residential and light commercial energy efficiency equipment
- Act as on-site supervisor for electrical teams and provide regular reports of team activities to Contracting Crew Team Leaders, Operations Team members and/or the Contracting Department Manager
- Perform the electrical portions of water heater and HVAC appliance installation, as required by law
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolving electrical issues.
- Communicate with clients and Inspectors to satisfy requirements and to meet expectations.
- Train and mentor co-workers on basic electrical improvements
- Install commercial lighting for parking and area lighting, including the use of lifts and safety equipment
- Work equally well independently and on a team
- Manage projects and other electricians as needed for larger commercial and/or multifamily retrofit projects
- An Electrician Journeyman license
- 5+ years of experience as an Electrician including documented commercial lighting project experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead or support teams as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body
- Capability to work in various positions required by electrical contracting work such as stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, leaning, balancing on ladders, etc.…
- Ability to work in unconditioned environments (e.g. hot, cold, rain, wind, humid, etc.…)
- Comfort on ladders, uneven surfaces, and especially work at heights using scaffolding, lifts and/or ladders
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to perform work
- Capability of lifting 50 pounds of electrical materials or a ladder
- Reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- The ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen
- Bright. You think before you act. You recognize what it takes to do a job professionally and then execute.
- Passionate. You like what you do, and you take pride in being good at it. You understand the importance of doing your job at a high level for your safety and the safety of your customers. You like working with your hands as well as your head, and you get satisfaction from knocking out projects.
- Nice. You work well with others. Whether being a good team member on large electrical projects or individually taking care of the electrical work on a multi-trade scope of work, you recognize the connections and support system you’re a part of. You get information you need to do your job, and share information that is helpful to clients, coworkers and management.
- Professional. You ensure you have clarity about what needs to be done, and perform those duties in full compliance with NEC and appropriate codes. You’re respectful to clients, coworkers, colleagues and management, and you expect the same in return. You treat people how you want to be treated.
- Flexible. You do what it takes to get the job done. You understand that things come up, and when they do, you confirm what needs to be done to do the job on time and on budget.
- Fun. You understand life is short, so we better enjoy what we’re doing and who we’re doing it with.
Elysian Energy is a green-focused company with a fun, team-oriented approach to work. Benefits include:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- 15 paid vacation days
- 4 paid days to volunteer in the community
- Field shadowing
- Additional leadership training
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply to Elysian Energy, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.