Energy Efficiency HVAC Technician
Now accepting applications for a Journeyman HVAC Technician to provide HVAC work for Elysian Energy. This position offers the opportunity to work with the area’s leader in residential energy efficiency in efforts to help homeowners reduce their environmental impact while saving on their energy bills. HVAC Technician reports to the Contracting Manager, and is based out of our Laurel, MD office.
- Inspect and estimate HVAC repairs
- Spec and order HVAC equipment
- Install HVAC equipment
- Ensure all work is up to code.
- Act as on-site supervisor for HVAC work and provide regular reports of team activities to Contracting Crew Team Leaders, Operations Team members and/or the Contracting Department Manager
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolving HVAC issues.
- Communicate with clients and Inspectors to satisfy requirements and to meet expectations.
- Train and mentor co-workers on basic HVAC improvements
- Work equally well independently and on a team
- Perform combustion and airflow diagnostic tests
- Manage projects and other HVAC technicians as needed for larger commercial and/or multifamily
- An HVAC Journeyman license
- 5+ years of experience as an HVAC technician including documented project experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead or support teams as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body
- Capability to work in various positions required by electrical contracting work such as stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, leaning, balancing on ladders, etc.…
- Ability to work in unconditioned environments (e.g. hot, cold, rain, wind, humid, etc.…)
- Comfort on ladders, uneven surfaces, and especially work at heights using scaffolding, lifts and/or ladders
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to perform work
- Capability of lifting 50 pounds of materials or a ladder
- Reliable access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- The ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen
In addition to the requirements above, YOU ARE…
- Bright. You think before you act. You recognize what it takes to do a job professionally and then execute.
- Passionate. You like what you do, and you take pride in being good at it. You understand the importance of doing your job at a high level for your safety and the safety of your customers. You like working with your hands as well as your head, and you get satisfaction from knocking out projects.
- Nice. You work well with others. Whether being a good team member on large electrical projects or individually taking care of the electrical work on a multi-trade scope of work, you recognize the connections and support system you’re a part of. You get
informationyou need to do your job,and share information that is helpful to clients, coworkers andmanagement.
- Professional. You ensure you have clarity about what needs to be
done,and perform those duties in full compliance with NEC and appropriate codes. You’re respectful to clients, coworkers, colleagues andmanagement, and you expect the same in return. You treat people how you want to be treated.
- Flexible. You do what it takes to get the job done. You understand that things come up, and when they do, you confirm what needs to be done to do the job on time and on budget.
- Fun. You understand life is short, so we better enjoy what we’re doing and who we’re doing it with.
Elysian Energy is a green-focused company with a fun, team-oriented approach to work. Benefits include:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- 15 paid vacation days
- 4 paid days to volunteer in the community
- Field shadowing
- Additional leadership training
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply to Elysian Energy, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.