Energy Auditor (0-3 years Experience)
Now accepting applications for an Energy Auditor to perform Home Performance with Energy Star audits, with the end goal of moving customers through the client cycle from the initial audit to job completion. Your role will be to educate customers about measures they can take to reduce their energy consumption and help them to make intelligent decisions about which projects to undertake to reach their energy and comfort goals. You’ll be able to install energy saving products right away, as well as present a comprehensive scope of work. This position offers the opportunity to engage directly with homeowners and to communicate best practices in residential energy efficiency.
The Energy Auditor reports to the Audit Program Manager and will work closely with the Home Performance Project Manager. This position is based out of our Laurel office, with service areas in Baltimore City, Montgomery, Prince George’s, Howard and Baltimore Counties, and occasional work in Washington DC.
- Perform energy audits and check ups according to specific program parameters and Elysian Energy standards of practice
- Use modeling software to create audit reports and translate findings to clients
- Write practical scopes of work following program parameters
- Interpret and communicate audit findings and scopes of work to homeowners in a clear accessible manner
- Successfully move customers from start to finish in the home performance sales cycle
- Install and explain various energy saving products such as LEDs, aerators, showerheads, pipe insulation, etc.
- Perform related administrative tasks, some involving use of computers and mobile technology
- Upon hire, obtain Building Performance Institute Building Analyst Certification (BPI BA)
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable access to an insured vehicle
- Ability to pass background and reference checks
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds
We will train all motivated candidates with preference given to those with the following:
- Familiarity with residential construction and/or building science
- Sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or technical degree
- BPI and/or RESNET certifications
- Ability to absorb, process, utilize and communicate technical concepts
The ideal candidate is energetic, personable and self-motivated with a demonstrated passion for buildings and the sustainability movement.
Elysian Energy is a green-focused company with a fun, team-oriented approach to work. Benefits include:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- 15 paid vacation days
- 4 paid days to volunteer in the community
- Field shadowing
- Additional leadership training
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply to Elysian Energy, please send resume and cover letter to our Audit Program Manager, Megan Murray, at email@example.com.