Energy Auditor/Project Manager
Now accepting applications for an Energy Auditor to perform energy assessments, energy audits, and to generate feasible weatherization work scopes for homeowners throughout BGE and Pepco territory in Maryland and in the District of Columbia. This position offers the opportunity to act as a Project Manager for each customer and take them through audit and job. The candidate will work closely with the Audit Programs Manager. This position will report to Chief Operations Officer in the the Silver Spring office.
- Perform energy audits and Check Ups according to specific program parameters and Elysian Energy standards of practice
- Ability to use Beacon modeling software to create audit reports and work scopes, and to translate findings to clients
- Write audit reports and job proposals following program parameters
- Interpret and communicate findings to homeowners in a clear accessible manner
- Install and explain various energy saving products such as CFLs, aerators, showerheads, pipe wrap, etc.
- Perform related administrative tasks, some involving use of computers and mobile technology
- Assist Elysian Energy’s weatherization crew as needed
- Act as lead on weatherization projects that need to be subcontracted
We will train all motivated candidates with preference given to those with the following:
- Bachelor’s or technical degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with residential construction and/or building science
- RESNET certification and/or WAP certification
- Ability to absorb, process, utilize and communicate technical concepts
- Building Performance Institute Building Analyst Certification (BPI BA)
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable access to an insured vehicle
- Must be able to pass background and reference checks, as well as drug testing
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
The ideal candidate is energetic, personable and self-motivated with a demonstrated passion for contributing to the sustainability movement. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits included after a 90-day probationary period.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to John Wilkerson, Contracting Manager at email@example.com. Resumes will not be considered without a detailed statement of interest or cover letter included in (or attached to) your email.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.