Energy Auditor 3+ Years of Experience
Now accepting applications for an Energy Auditor to perform energy audits for the Department of Housing and Community Development’s (DHCD) Low Income Energy Efficiency Program (LIEEP), and guide customers through to home performance improvements. This position offers the opportunity to engage directly with homeowners, work with Elysian’s project managers and in-house crew, and help low income customers receive no cost energy efficiency work in their homes.
The Energy Auditor reports to the Contracting Program Manager and will work closely with the LIEEP Project Manager. This position is based out of our Laurel office, with service areas in Montgomery, Prince George’s, Howard, Anne Arundel, and Baltimore Counties, as well as Baltimore City.
- Perform energy audits and check ups according to specific program parameters and Elysian Energy standards of practice
- Use modeling software to create work orders and submit jobs for approval
- Write scopes of work following program parameters
- Interpret and communicate findings to homeowners in a clear accessible manner
- Install and explain various energy saving products such as LEDs, aerators, showerheads, pipe insulation, etc.
- Perform related administrative tasks involving use of computers and mobile technology
- Building Performance Institute Building Analyst Certification (BPI BA) or BPI HEP Energy Auditor Certification
- Three years of energy auditing experience preferred or five years of construction experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and reliable access to an insured vehicle
- Ability to pass background and reference checks
- Capable of lifting 40 pounds
We will train all motivated candidates with preference given to those with the following:
- Bachelor’s or technical degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with residential construction and/or building science
- Previous experience working with Hancock
- Previous experience working in Salesforce
- BPI QCI Certification
- Ability to absorb, process, utilize and communicate technical concepts
The ideal candidate is energetic, personable and self-motivated with a demonstrated passion for buildings and the sustainability movement.
Elysian Energy is a green-focused company with a fun, team-oriented approach to work. Benefits include:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- 15 paid vacation days
- 4 paid days to volunteer in the community
- Field shadowing
- Additional leadership training
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Elysian Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply to Elysian Energy please send resume and cover letter to our Contracting Program Manager, Sunita Pathik at firstname.lastname@example.org.